What we do
Friends of the Marin City Library provide support and funding for a variety of programs our dedicated library staff offer to the public and for library improvement projects:
* The Summer Reading program for children and teens
* Provide story times for all ages, computer classes, after school tutoring,
events programs for our community
* Programs for children and families in partnership including the National Park Service, Marin Housing Authority, the Sausalito-Marin City School District, Marin City Community Services District and Marin City based non--profits
* Marin Webstars, technology training for Marin City and greater Marin
community youth ages 14-17, headquartered at the Marin City Library
We are a non-profit 501(c) 3 group of volunteers dedicated to supporting our county library system and provide funding for a wide range of programs. Please join us as a Friend of the Marin City Library by becoming a member. Your membership supports programming for toddlers to seniors. Our non-profit tax ID is 23-7098721.
* Focus public attention and generate public support for library services, programs and facilities
* Encourage literacy
* Assist in obtaining financial support for the library
Board of Directors and Meetings
* President-Wyna Barron
* Vice President - Freddy Cobey
* Treasurer – Jacqueline Samuels
* Secretary & Library Leaves Correspondent- Suki Sennett
* Members-at-Large- Christine Donahue
We meet on the third Wednesday of the month, except July and August.
What Can You Do to Help?
* Volunteer for the Sausalito Floating Homes Association Tour, a major donor to our Library
* Volunteer at Friends of the County Library book store, The Book Place on the fifth Tuesday of the month and at book sales
* Assist with programs at the library
Contact us: For more information to join/donate, to volunteer, to find out when our next board meeting is, call or email Wyna Barron at 413 332-0374 or firstname.lastname@example.org